- Use a detoxifying/clarifying shampoo to remove product buildup
- Use your daily conditioner
- Curling irons work best with layered hair
- Flatirons work with with or without layers
- Avoid hot tools on overly bleached hair
- Always use a a heat protector
- Heat settings, bleached hair: can use tools up to 350 degrees
- Heat settings, non-bleached hair: can use tools up to 400 degrees
- Try a 1-inch barrel curling iron
- Curl a 1-inch section in the middle and leave the last few inches of ends out. This prevents split ends and makes for a great beach wave.
- When using a flatiron on thick or curly hair, take 1-2 inch sections at a time; this will give a smoother and shiner look.
- Kevin Murphy “Damage Manager” Heat Protector
- Curling Iron: “Hot Tools” 1 inch
- Flat Iron: “Chi”